Fancy Goldfish and White Clouds?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mr.Albiman

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Hi all. I was wondering if (when I get my 20 gallon tank and when its cycled) I could have an Oranda, Fantail or Black Moor Goldfish with 5 White Cloud Mountain Minnows? And maybe a few Red Cherry Shrimp and a few Nerite Snails?

Thanks, Dan :D

Your goldfish will eat all your shrimp. Trust me. Also I would only keep 1 gold fish at max in a tank that size and only something smaller like an an oranda. Everyone else is okay.

You possibly could do the WCMM's (with good filtration) , But I wouldnt. I personally think you would need 30 gallons or more to do that.

As for the Red cherry shrimp (Neocaridina heteropoda) and Nerite Snails (Neritina natalensis), since they are Tropical species (warm-water), I wouldnt put them in coldwater. They need at least a temp of 72F or more

You possibly could do the WCMM's (with good filtration) , But I wouldnt. I personally think you would need 30 gallons or more to do that.

As for the Red cherry shrimp (Neocaridina heteropoda) and Nerite Snails (Neritina natalensis), since they are Tropical species (warm-water), I wouldnt put them in coldwater. They need at least a temp of 72F or more

RCS really don't mind cooler water....They are from similar environments to the white clouds.

Additionally the goldfish and mountain minnows have been bred so long in aquaria they can tolerate higher temperatures. I've kept my mountain minnows and have spawned them in temperatures from 72F-84F

So I can't evn have just this:

1 x Oranda
5 x White Clouds.

There will be an AquaClear 50 AND an Hagen Elite Stingray 15.
Won't that be enough filtration for the Oranda?

Thanks, Dan :D

Back
Top Bottom