Fast Moving Water with Red Rainbowfish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mylifeasben

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I've just been mucking around with my filter in my tank and taken the long tube with the holes off so the water just comes straight out. It creates pretty fast moving water in one half of my 3 ft tank.

I'm just checking this is okay with my Red Rainbows and my one Neon Rainbow?

The corydoras and bristlenoses are at the bottom so they don't really care.

I'll add a picture so that you get what I mean :)

Cheers,

Ben

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1409584354.607550.jpg

Nice tank! I noticed when I fill my 55gal with the garden hose the rainbows swim right up to the hose and swim in the current. Watching them eat is fun too! I never had rainbows until a few days ago so I'm still learning. :)

Thanks!

I've found that when you pour water in they get so excited and have to sit in the current!

I agree with the feeding thing as well! They go into an absolute frenzy!

Also, thanks to catfish guy for clearing it up that they like the water, it's been like that a couple of days and they've seemed happier than usual :)

Rainbows just love current. Mine spend the majority of their days swimming near the ouflow of my filter.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Rainbows just love current. Mine spend the majority of their days swimming near the ouflow of my filter.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Do you feed your rainbows live food at all? If so, what do you feed them? I've been feeding mine frozen brine shrimp and bloodworm which the Corys and Rainbow Shark like as well, but they once got some guppy fry (before I could rescue them) and were so happy having to work a bit for food...

Back
Top Bottom