Fastest way possible to cycle a tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tommy10

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Today I bought a new fluval chi 5 gallon. I have a well established 26 gallon bow. Is there any way possible to get the chi shrimp/fish ready for Saturday?

Today I bought a new fluval chi 5 gallon. I have a well established 26 gallon bow. Is there any way possible to get the chi shrimp/fish ready for Saturday?

Not familiar with that tank, what kind of filter are you using? If there's a way to use some media from your established filter in the new one, it could potentially take less than a week to cycle.

It has a built in filter it's really good it seems like, I managed to use squeeze and get some slime from a gross filter bad into my new filter.

Adding filter media and add gravel from the old tank. Even small amount of gravel will help. Obviously test your water.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Instant Tank Cycling

Hello Tom...

You could remove a portion of the filter media from the 26 gallon tank, say a third of it and put it into the smaller tank. Instant cycling. You should then perform a water change on the 26 and replace the filter media in the 26. Just rinse the new media in some of the old tank water and get it into the filter of the 26. The good bacteria will reproduce to its former level in a few hours.

B

Hello Tom...

You could remove a portion of the filter media from the 26 gallon tank, say a third of it and put it into the smaller tank. Instant cycling. You should then perform a water change on the 26 and replace the filter media in the 26. Just rinse the new media in some of the old tank water and get it into the filter of the 26. The good bacteria will reproduce to its former level in a few hours.

B

Thats what I did :) wow I am getting better and better at this stuff ;)

Back
Top Bottom