feed fish less often?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

almcloud

Aquarium Advice Freak
I'm currently working on a fish cycling on my 10 gal 2 weeks old tank. I was advised not to feed fish more then twice a week until process is completed. (I had to many fish when started and ammonia level was @ 4.0 :-(
Now its down to 0.75
Can I pls get some thoughts on "how often to feed them?"
Now I have one Bl.Ram and one GreenCory (will upgrade to 75 gal and transport them soon)

I'm currently working on a fish cycling on my 10 gal 2 weeks old tank. I was advised not to feed fish more then twice a week until process is completed. (I had to many fish when started and ammonia level was @ 4.0 :-(
Now its down to 0.75
Can I pls get some thoughts on "how often to feed them?"
Now I have one Bl.Ram and one GreenCory (will upgrade to 75 gal and transport them soon)

any ammonia level above .25 should warrant a pwc. also that feed schedule seems fine. regardless your going to need to change the water quite often because of the fish waste. and when feeding try not to give too much food. thats what will cause ammonia to raise faster is the food that isnt eaten

Agreed. I'd do a 70-80% pwc ASAP to get that ammonia down. Have you had nitrites show yet? When nitrites hit, they're going to start rising fast, so be prepare for a lot of pwc to keep those under .25 as well. If you haven't seen it, there's a link in my signature called "new tank with fish." Feed sparingly too, although twice a week doesn't seem like enough, but I could be wrong.

Back
Top Bottom