Feeding question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

gtincubus

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have panda cories, longfin serpae tetras, glofish, glow light tetras, some amano shrimp and a pair of German Blue Rams in my tank and I'm trying to work out a feeding schedule. Seems like everywhere you look online people recommend different things, from feeding 3-5 times a day to feeding every 2-3 days, lol.

My rams, in particular, seem disinterested in flake food, and my cories are iffy about the flakes as well. The only fish that seem to come to the surface to eat are the glofish.

Here's what I was thinking...
Every morning I'll give a small amount of flakes and a catfish sinking wafer (and remove what's left of the wafer after five minutes or so). In the evenings I'll also give a small amount of flakes and then supplement on a rotating schedule...I was thinking about bloodworms twice a week, freeze-dried tubifex worms twice a week, and sinking shrimp pellets three times a week.

Any thoughts on this? Is it overfeeding? I've been doing some semblance of this for a week now and the fish seem happy enough but I'm worried it's too much. Everyone in my tank just seems to be kind of picky eaters right now, lol...the only time everyone got worked up was for the bloodworms (the rams and tetras really enjoyed the tubifex worms also).

Hi sounds like a pretty good feeding regime to me(y) Its always a good idea to feed some flake as this contains all the goodness they need,frozen food although good for them contains mainly water so not particularly filling but can cause water problems if feed to much {remember to defrost frozen food before feeding, and do not add the water its defrosted in} I feed my cories JBL Novo tabs and they go crazy for them! Also feeding twice a day is sufficient but its only a guidline, you can feed more often but feed less amount of food! Also test your nitrate levels if they are creeping up faster than normal then you are overfeeding(y) Hope this helps:)
I feed my fish three different types of flake, JBL novo tabs,JBL prawn*three different types of algae wafer and frozen food = Bloodworm,tubifex,brine shrimp,cockle and mussel {the B/Ns love munching on the cockle or mussels}

Back
Top Bottom