Filling a 10g tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

FishieKeeper429

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I recently had two mollies die (other threads have more panic, questions and info about their passing). Which wasn't surprising because I thought they would be fine jammed into a 10g with three tetras and a baby Betta. I was really stupid when I bought them and the fish store indulged in my unknowingness. I simply bought them because they were pretty. Now I have a baby female Betta and three albino pristella tetras. I thinking in their absence I could get 3 rasbora danios. Is this a good idea or should I just leave my 10g alone and not buy anymore fish? I don't want to crowd my fish again so any and all advice is needed. Thanks!

Definitely leave it alone! Your tank is not cycled. You have had multiple threads over the last few days saying you are having spikes. When the tank is completely stable for at least 2 weeks then look into adding 3 more of the same tetra you already have. The tank is then fully stocked.

Definitely leave it alone! Your tank is not cycled. You have had multiple threads over the last few days saying you are having spikes. When the tank is completely stable for at least 2 weeks then look into adding 3 more of the same tetra you already have. The tank is then fully stocked.

I know :) I was going to wait until the end of July to add any.

So yeah in that case wait till its fully cycled. 0 ammonia, 0 nitrite, and some nitrate. Once you've achieved that, go ahead and add a few tetras.

Great, fish health is number 1

I agree. I used to use the greedy route of fish care and only want the prettiest, showyish fish, no matter how bad they were from the tank. No matter how cramped they get. I lost two fish going that way. Now I know: fish health is number 1. Your wants are number 2.

I agree. I used to use the greedy route of fish care and only want the prettiest, showyish fish, no matter how bad they were from the tank. No matter how cramped they get. I lost two fish going that way. Now I know: fish health is number 1. Your wants are number 2.

Many people had made that mistake, I was saved by a pet smart employ that actually knew their stuff. Now my tanks are happy and healthy

Many people had made that mistake, I was saved by a pet smart employ that actually knew their stuff. Now my tanks are happy and healthy

That's really good! :) sadly, I'm still cleaning up the after affect. Having only learned my wrong in the past two days.

You live and learn. Do research and your fish won't suffer in the future

I have been doing my research. Anything slightly out of the ordinary, I ask about here. I don't dare ask my LFS because they told me two mollies would be good in a 10g with four other fish. And suggested a pleco. -_______-

I have been doing my research. Anything slightly out of the ordinary, I ask about here. I don't dare ask my LFS because they told me two mollies would be good in a 10g with four other fish. And suggested a pleco. -_______-

Lol the fish store failed. Otos are the way to go for algae my pleco eats fish flakes and doesn't the stuff.

Back
Top Bottom