Filling in a 10 gallon.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
They are actually super easy to care for. They like their water fairly calm, but they can handle some flow. If you want to pair them with other fish, avoid slow movers and those with flowing fins. Also be careful with killies when it comes to things like wafers and pellets. They can sometimes swallow those things whole with their wide mouths which can cause problems. I don't have any shipping supplies. I need to round up all that stuff so I can start shipping some stuff out. Try to make sure she has some spots where she can hide from him. They should reproduce for you (though they will eat most of the babies if not seperated, heavy planting helps though) and if you want to keep it a species tank, you could shoot for an end goal of 2 males and 5 females, and maybe your lfs will buy the extras from you, or trade for supplies. Sometime in the next month I would pick up some fry food to keep on hand. :)

What's the flower pot made of? Depending on how much moss is in there, she may be able to get a little down time in there, too.

Whatever you can find will work. Liquid or powder. If you want to get real serious about it you can do baby brine shrimp and inufsoria, but it can be tricky to have that stuff ready right when you need it, so having fry food on hand is good.

Terra cota I believe? It's natural and doesn't have any glaze, I had it in my 20 for a couple months until I did some moving around.

Okay thanks I'll get that!

Terra cotta pots are generally considered safe when they are unglazed and new. Don't use it if it's been used for a plant though. I have heard ojections to using them but the reasons why escape me now. They are so commonly used, I think it's OK. Rinse the heck out of it with hot water.

Yeah it wasn't used for any reason besides the other fish tank, I put it in boiling water just in case though.

I put them in their tank and they are exploring! They seem to be fond of the moss.

Yup, they will hang out in it a lot. It's by far the best plant to have for them. It also provides some infusoria the fry will eat. :)

Back
Top Bottom