Filstar XP S: inflow and outflow placement?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bobkeenan

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I have started up my interest in tropical fish again after 20 years. I got a 36g tank and a filstar xp S filter. I also got an air pump hooked up to an air stone. Have about 8 different plants and will probably add a few more. I am planning on getting neons, sword tails, mollies, some fancy guppies.

The cannister filter comes with a inlet and an outlet for the tank. The outlet has a duckfoot shaped nozzle.

Right now I have the inlet on the right corner about 3/4 of the way deep. The outlet is on the left corner and is pointed horizontally towards the left corner. Its about 1/5 tank deep. The airstone is on the back inbetween the inlet and the outlet.

The water circulates clockwise due to the placement of the outlet. The water surface is only disturbed by the bubbles from the airstone which is fairly vigorous.

So here is the question.... What is the best setup with this equipment? I have also read about a spray bar that could be used? Is that any better?

That sounds ok to me. I start with trying to have flow to all parts and sweeping muck off the substrate but the bottom foot of my tank is a plant jungle anyways.

Back
Top Bottom