Filter for a sphere

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TheCrazyFishLady

Aquarium Advice Addict
My betta, Tyche, is currently in a sphere tank without a filter. It's literally a ball with the top cut off. Anyway, I want to get him a filter, but I don't exactly know of one that would work or how to modify one so that it would work. Any ideas?

It won't be the most attractive option, but it will certainly be effective...

All you need to do is purchase a small sponge filter and a small air pump. The sponge filter provides aeration and plenty of surface area for your tank's bio filter. A small sponge filter will easily handle the bioload of a betta. :)

I'm not sure I'd want to go with a filter that takes the cottony fiber floss. That doesn't seem to be conducive to promoting any biological filtration, sort of like the old corner filter I used to have a long time ago.

I have a small filter as my secondary in my 10g tank that I also intend to use in my hospital tank as needed. Here's a link.

Amazon.com: TOM Aquarium Mini Internal Filter 45gph adjustable flow: Kitchen & Dining

It might work out for your tank, depending on how big it is. The filter is the smallest I've seen that has a filter sponge in it that can be rinsed (in tank water) and reused.

I researched them both when I was looking for a small filter and ended up choosing the small world..it does have a sponge that can be rinsed and reused. A review on the TOM one on amazon from 5 days ago says it does not have a sponge like the small world does, only carbon. Reviewer also mentioned flow is strong for a betta. Also I believe the small world refil carts are easier to find.

Back
Top Bottom