Filter media ideas for canister

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tinaml88

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Ok guys i just bought my first canister filter. Im so excited to set it up. I got this in a week ago and put the media that came with it in with one of my old filters when i switched it out of the tank. I currently have hang on the back filters. Its super loud, sprays dirty water on my walls and i hate it so i got this new one. It came with some large bioballs and ceramic rings and carbon (havent done anything with that yet). What do you guys think i should put in for filtration? Should i stick to what they sent or get other stuff? Its a 50 gallon tank which currently hold my gold fish that are being rehomed. I want to put my angles (2) in there because they need more room to swim and im not sure what else im going to put in there yet. Im also planning on redesigning that tank. Maybe some plants and other stuff. 20210124_114412.jpg20210124_114421.jpg20210124_114439.jpgImage.jpgImage%20(1).jpg

I kinda know richard (pondguru). He lives not too far from me. He helped me out a little when i was first starting.
Oh cool. He's got great ideas. I've watched several videos, including the one you posted since I run sunsun canisters. Sunsun makes several different ones under different names, Polar Aurora and Marineland are 2 i can remember

Oh cool. He's got great ideas. I've watched several videos, including the one you posted since I run sunsun canisters. Sunsun makes several different ones under different names, Polar Aurora and Marineland are 2 i can remember
I keep meaning to send him a canister so he can fill it up with media for one of his videos. A largish canister would cost about £40 to fill with biohome, and if you pay return post he does it for free.

Back
Top Bottom