filter question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TonyMontana

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
my aquatech 30-60 filters hang a little low in the tank so i cant fill my tank above the plastic top thing. I dont like the way the water line looks, but if I fill it up more then im afraid that my fish wont get enough air. when I fill it up past the plastic black thing the water just flows in. I want to know if i could still fill it up please help.

If you are worried about O2 or gas exchange I would get an air stone... you can get them pretty cheep.

If you start to see your fish looking like they are gasping for air then you don't have enough... but if you don't see it you are probably fine. Again if you are worried a cheep air stone will do the trick.

I have glass canopies on three of my tanks and I fill them up until the water is touching the glass. I've never seen my fish gasping.

I shall hang from this topic for a while... ;) Settling a new tank - my first after 10 yrs - 26 gal. Formerly I was using external fluvial filter + aerator. This tyme with all inclusive solution I got the internal filter which provides the water circulation.
My biggest concern is the amount of oxygen dissolved (there're some plants of course) when the water temperature must be 27C for the planned fish specimen. Should I add an aerator or should I not?

With my best wishes
Tomasz

I filled it up all the way, now my fish were not gasping for air but my gold barbs were going to the top to get air or trying to jump out. so I lowered the water level I dont want them to suffucate.

Back
Top Bottom