Filter question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Zecolmeia

Aquarium Advice Regular
So i purchased an active filter from angelsplus. I cut it up and stuff it with the other media in the filter. However, some of the other material is no in the water. Is this ok? If not any other suggestions?

I'm a bit cunfused... Why did you cut it up?? It's a filter in itself. You were supposed to just put an airline in and place it in your tank.

So now you have pieces of the filter floating in your tank? You should just scoop them out and discard them.

I cut it up and put it In the mesh bag that my aquaclear has so that I don't have a sponge the tank and eventually only need the aquaclear.

Zecolmeia said:
So i purchased an active filter from angelsplus. I cut it up and stuff it with the other media in the filter. However, some of the other material is no in the water. Is this ok? If not any other suggestions?

Also make sure you are not restricting water flow in the main filter where you added the pcs active filter. You should hopefully still get the benefit of the Bactria that came in the sponge if you have water flow to it.

I added ammonia let it run for 24 hours. Dropped from about 2 to between .25 and .5 0 Norrinitrites and nitrates. What's this mean?

0 nitrites as well as nitrates. Is it not ready yet? I'm thinking of ssing ammonia to 4 and then se e

It should take 24 hrs. For 0 ammonia 0 nitrates and high nitrates or a zero reading

I cut it up and put it In the mesh bag that my aquaclear has so that I don't have a sponge the tank and eventually only need the aquaclear.

Was the tank already cycling before you got the active sponge? also would like to know how much of the sponge you were able to get in the your filter bag?
Im really just curious. It's a good replacement for old filter cartridges

I got about 70 percent in bag that has media in it. Then poopoput chunk in column. And I just started cycling three days before. My concern is that some of media that comes from aquaclear is not in water. How loNguyen till media grows on aquaclear media

Zecolmeia said:
I got about 70 percent in bag that has media in it. Then poopoput chunk in column. And I just started cycling three days before. My concern is that some of media that comes from aquaclear is not in water. How loNguyen till media grows on aquaclear media

There's no given time frame. All you can do is test your water. If you have future tanks all you can do is use this time as a guideline (it's best to keep track of your tanks progress in a notebook or just on something). Also keeping track of your tanks progress will help other members help you figure out what's going on, water test levels (aka water parameters (parameters aka as params) are often asked for by members when a problem arises with a tank, for example, some even ask for a weeks worth of water params (hence why keeping up with it is helpful to you.. Makes things easier!) and to other members.

Now have nitrites and very little nitrates I keep dosing back to 4 and then wait till it takes 24 hours for there to be no ammonia no nitrites only nitrates correct

Back
Top Bottom