Filter question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

stagerlee

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
So I am cycling a 25 gallon FW tank, (fish less ) and the filter I have ( aqua clear 40) came with a carbon pack. Should I leave that out of the filter since I am dosing with ammonia? Won't the carbon cause problems with that?

So I am cycling a 25 gallon FW tank, (fish less ) and the filter I have ( aqua clear 40) came with a carbon pack. Should I leave that out of the filter since I am dosing with ammonia? Won't the carbon cause problems with that?

Leave it out. You don't need it. Keep it for if you ever have to treat the tank with meds. You can use it to remove the meds after done treating.

Since the filter comes in 3 seperate pieces. Carbon, sponge, and bio balls. Should I replace it with something else or should it be fine with 2 parts?

You could always use poly fill/polishing pads or purigen. I like the poly fill, it pick up really fine particles that your sponge misses. My other filter has purigen in it.

I run 2 AC110's on my 75 gallon mixed African cichlid tank

Ohh sweet, thanks. Sounds like a sick tank!!! I'm trying to decide what to stock this 25 gallon with. Going back and forth, community tank, angels, cichlids...not sure yet.

Ohh sweet, thanks. Sounds like a sick tank!!! I'm trying to decide what to stock this 25 gallon with. Going back and forth, community tank, angels, cichlids...not sure yet.

All I can offer up is, take your time and really think about what you want.

Planted, rocks, driftwood etc...

Back
Top Bottom