Filter size for 16 gallon

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mikan1089

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Aloha,
I have a 16 gallon bow front with 4 pea puffers and I was going to upgrade my HOB filter. What size would be ideal for my tank.

I was thinking of getting the aquaclear 50. Would that be more then enough?

Are aquaclear filters as good as everyone says or are they overrated?

Hagen Aquaclear HOBs

Are aquaclear filters as good as everyone says or are they overrated?

Hello mik...

I've used the same AquaClear HOB filters in my tanks for close to 7 years with no problems.

B

I have AC's too, they're great filters. I particularly like the basket that you can fill with any type of media you like. Just move your current media to the new filter (so you dont lose any bacteria) then fill the rest of the space with new media.

I agree I have an AC and I like it. I also have an aqueon quietflow 30 which I like so far. I know AC filters are what everyone says are the easiest to put your own media in, but I do it with all my hob filters lol

I know the fluval c's are made by hagen to. Which ones better fluval or aquaclear?

Aqua clears are great filters. I would go with one of those or maybe a penguin or emperor. Aqua clears have a good square area to work with. They make a good refugium too!

+1 on the emperor I have used Fluval and AC canisters and the best one so far is the emperors, in fact my 4 tanks are getting filter overhauls to the penguin emperors, my new selection for tanks.

I'd go with the aquaclear. Lots more customization with the media.

Are you in Hawaii btw? :D

I think I will go with the aquaclear and yes I live in Hawaii.

Back
Top Bottom