filter upgrade

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

evil Nick

Aquarium Advice Addict
I was thinking of picking up the whisper 45 version of my filter since I can get one for REALLY cheap right now. It takes the same pads and bio pad that my 30 does. Could I just do a hot swap since the cartridge and bio pad already have the bacteria on them?

I would like to avoid running them side by side if possible

Swapping Filters

I was thinking of picking up the whisper 45 version of my filter since I can get one for REALLY cheap right now. It takes the same pads and bio pad that my 30 does. Could I just do a hot swap since the cartridge and bio pad already have the bacteria on them?

I would like to avoid running them side by side if possible

Hello Nic...

You can. However, if you want to add fish, you must do it slowly, so as not to put too great a waste load on the smaller tank filter media. It would be wise to follow a bit more aggressive water change routine as well. Change out a bit more water than normal, to make sure the chemistry remains stable.

B

Thanks
Were kind of done with stock until I swap this shark

Sent from my Nexus 9 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

If you transfer all of the media in your current filter over to the new one you will be fine.

I washed the filter floss bag in my old HOB in tank water, and added the rinsings to ky mew canister. No issues with a mini cycle at all

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom