filtration

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lionheart

Aquarium Advice Activist
hi there folks
can u tell me your honest opinions on the subject
do you think internal filtration or undergravel filtration is the best option in a tropical freshwater 3ft aquarium, i've always used undergravel filtration in the past, but decided to go with a fluval 3plus internal this time round,
i have just had to clean my filter pads out after only 2 weeks in operation as the clogging indicator had retracted which showed it needed maintenance, i did drain some water out of tank to rinse filter pads,and i was very careful when removing and putting filter back into place,but it seems i have disturbed the bed of the tank some how, as alot of fine particals are quite visible now,i was wondering if anyone could tell me there thoughts on filtration, as i'm not too impressed with this internal and i am thinking of going back to under-gravel filtration as in my opinion less maintenance is required.
i thank you in advance for all for your replies
much appreciated

I have used all kinds of filtration and have found the external filters to be the best all around....(HOB, sump, or cannister)

20 years ago, undergravel was all the rage. As I got back into the hobby, I've discovered that they're no longer as popular. Have seen some interesting articles on the topic.

HOB or canisters seem to be a great way to go. Love my canister on my 55 - out of sight, quiet, efficient.

Back
Top Bottom