Filtration and current in tanks

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Danno

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
How much current or splash from the filter is to much? My filter causes a nice splash and some bubbles on the top not a ton but there is defiantly a splash. Was wondering if the fish like these bubbles or the current? Or if I should figure out a way to calm that down and add an air stone or bubble wand. Thank you.

How much current or splash from the filter is to much? My filter causes a nice splash and some bubbles on the top not a ton but there is defiantly a splash. Was wondering if the fish like these bubbles or the current? Or if I should figure out a way to calm that down and add an air stone or bubble wand. Thank you.

Each fish is different. Just research the fish and see what kind of current is in their natural habitat; that information is usually in any profile page about the fish.

As long as your plastering the fish up against the glass then your good. Some fish play in current and bubbles

When I was running my air stones my platy fry would swim Halfway through the bubbles and stop and let themselves be carried up by the bubbles. I also have a Raphael catfish who would swim against the current of the filter for a minute, stop and let himself be pushed down by the current and he did that over and over for hours. It was hilarious! When I had fish 4 years ago I had a cherry barb that literally swam in a circle (like how a ferris wheel runs) in a bubbles. It was very entertaining!

Back
Top Bottom