Finally ready to start!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

maestromad

Aquarium Advice Addict
okay, so after a number of blunders I made the executive decision to purchase a BRAND new tank (it was a good price £101 all in!)
It is a 110L, with a interpret PF3 filter and delta therm heater and it has two T8 lights.

Right my sand is arriving tomorrow (i dont think I will have enough now so will probably have to put it on top of my current gravel :( ), my plan is to wash it thoroughly and then the move begins.

I will move my current fishes into a bucket (poor things) and get most of the water out into another bucket. Then move my current tank and replace with the new one! Add the substrates (maybe the plants if they arrive too), then fill with the old tanks water and fresh water dosing appropriately with declorinater etc. Then if that hasnt taken too long run the tank to try and get the temp up (will use warmish water when toppping up). Then add my fishes to thier new home :fish1:

Right I am planning on running old and new filter for a week until bacteria establish but the new filter comes with filter start should I use this too?? if the media is the same size in both filters i'll just put the old in the new but I'm planning for them not being the same size! :brows:

Is this the best way to do it?? Any thoughts, ideas or better tips greatly recived. You've all been SO much help so far
:thanks:

I wouldn't bother with the filter starter.

Sounds like a good plan. If you can run both the current filter and the new filter onto the new tank that's fine; or if you can move all of the media over from the current filter into the new one that would be great too. If you run both filters concurrently I'd leave the old one on there for at least 3-4 weeks though to give enough time for the new one to develop enough bacteria to handle the fish load before removing the old one.

Thanks for the input hopefully Saturday will be my day of action work allowing?!

Back
Top Bottom