Finally starting my 46 gal planted fresh water

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
That's true but this jug is very thick. It's normally used for making wine in.

I have cycle! Zero ammonia, zero nitrite and 40+ nitrate!

Good 50% water change and nitrate level back to about 10%.

Oh I have snails also! So there's life!

Picked up some Java Moss yesterday, attached it. Also started dosing with Excel.

Added fish!
3 Kuhli loaches
9 Glass Catfish
3 Boseman Rainbows

All seem to be acclimating well. Loaches I haven't seen much of but the substrate this morning had ridges in it so they were moving around after lights out

Feeding them flake and freeze dried bloodworm for now. I'm going to pick up some peas for the loaches tonight.

Pictures

image-3315321235.jpg

There's a Kuhli in there.

Attachments

• image-2211171018.jpg
    image-2211171018.jpg
    184.3 KB · Views: 43
  • image-3930891965.jpg
    image-3930891965.jpg
    139.5 KB · Views: 38
  • image-2179234075.jpg
    image-2179234075.jpg
    189.1 KB · Views: 44
Added six Rummynose Tetras(well actually got seven, the guy couldn't count) and six Harlequin Rasboras to the tank last night and they are schooling nicely.

I decided to add some Cherry shrimp and Orange Bee shrimp this weekend. As soon as I did the darn Rainbows started nipping at them and I would say went on a hunt for them. I'm not sure how long they will survive and I was so tempted to tap on the glass and yell at the bully's to stop picking on the little guys.

Well the shrimp didn't last long. I think there might be two left and they're taking boxing lessons.

Back
Top Bottom