Finally!!!! Thanks for all the help!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

trennamw

Aquarium Advice Addict
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1398042365.226633.jpg

Painted the back with a swirl of brown and black and rebuilt everything ... Some live plant most not ... Hit the fish sale at Petsmart after confirming the post cycle water tests were good ...

Cycle done, tank rescaped after making a mess of the sand the past month ... First 12 fish in.

I did impulsively deviate from the stocking plan but I'd never seen these coppery neons before and they were exactly what I was looking for.

Everyone is getting along great, after drip acclimating they were quick to find a good current ... And after about 3 minutes the rasboras and neons even started to school together. ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1398042550.360319.jpg

Looks great, I love how natural you've made it look.

It's the light that comes with the Marineland 29 gallon LED kit. I'm very pleased with this kit and it's commonly on sale for $119 at Petsmart. Great filter and I love the blue led for night.

I just used acrylic craft paint, it's not very durable (it would scratch really easily). But that let me blend and swirl several colors. I used black, brown, barn red, and a touch of white. Just dot on a little of each and make a swish across to blend it in a way that suits watery themes. I wish I'd used less black and more reddish brown. It would bring out the green more. The black is a little cold.

Back
Top Bottom