Finding Java Ferns

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fishyfanatic

Aquarium Advice Addict
Is it just me, or is it really hard to find Java Ferns or Crypts? I've been trying to find them for about 2 months now, and every fish store I go to never has them. They always have high-light plants. Does anyone have a website that sells good live plants that have given them great service? It looks like ordering online is going to be my only option.

TIA

I tried PetConnection, PetCo, PetsMart, Fish Nets, Fish Tales, Sunny Hill, Pet Market Place, Wal-Mart, The Fish Hut, and Malawi Aquatics. They all tell me that I should do something more challenging. Preferably some high-light plants. :D Problem is, I've never done a planted tank and I'm kind of experimenting. I bought all the stuff that is needed for plants and it's just sitting downstairs in the tank stand. I'll try the sites you listed nguyen27. Thanks!

I just looked at aquariumplants.com and it was $20 for shipping! 8O There's more money in shipping than actual plants.

Fishy,

I'd also call aquariumplants.com as you might be close enough for USPS priority mail, which would only be about $8 shipping.

If all else fails, I can send you some for $3 per plant, and a $4 shipping charge sent USPS priority mail. Payable by paypal. PM me if you're interested. My plants are large and healthy, and I usually toss in several free baby plantlets and some prunings of rotala indica (or whatever I have that I can prune more freebies)

I buy most of my plants at my aquarium society auctions. Usually a better price, and you know the plants were grown submerged. A good reason to join a fish club, or at least check out a meeting.

Jchillin said:
Fishy, try aquabid and look up Lowcoaster. I know him personally (he has provided me with tons of plants) and his stuff is great. His shipping is timely and reasonable.

http://www.aquabid.com/cgi-bin/auction/auction.cgi?liveplantsr&1117459143

BillD - The guy mentioned above is a member of my Aquarium Club, hence the recommendation. The great thing is that he cultivates his own plants in several tanks in his basement. :D

Back
Top Bottom