finding own aquarium decorations

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Larry925

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
So I have been feeling really crafty and creatgive latley and on a budget and I would like to find my own decorations, pebbles,stones,driftwood.I live in a awesome area I am in walking distance to a number of beaches,rivers and a short drive to moutain forests I have never done this of course I will boil the **** out of everything I find and a little bleach to. Any advice.

Switch your bleach with hydrogen peroxide, it is safer for the fish. Also i recommend not boiling larger rocks, they sometimes explode from the random air pocket inside them. Otherwise your plan is solid, I also use natures free supplies. Remember when collecting wood that hard wood is what you want.

So I have been feeling really crafty and creatgive latley and on a budget and I would like to find my own decorations, pebbles,stones,driftwood.I live in a awesome area I am in walking distance to a number of beaches,rivers and a short drive to moutain forests I have never done this of course I will boil the **** out of everything I find and a little bleach to. Any advice.

Sounds like a solid plan .. I agree replace bleach with hydrogen peroxide. For future reference, if someone were to accidentally bleach said objects (yep it's happened) just rinse it out with tap water and then submerge it in a bucket with treated water

Back
Top Bottom