Fire neon yellow shrimp: are they okay for a beginner shrimp keepers?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Armoredspider

Aquarium Advice Activist
As the title states: are fire neon yellow shrimp okay for beginner shrimp keepers? Are they sensitive, timid, or have other downsides?

I believe those are a color variant of Cherry (Neocaridina). They should be pretty hardy and easy for a new Shrimp keeper to keep alive!

Planted tanks work best with Shrimp. Keep that in mind.

Thanks for replying! What types of plants should I put in? I have one in my tank right now, it is growing like a weed but it got algae on it so it is tarting to turn brown and tan. Which plants don't need extra fertilizer or suppliments?

Some plants that Shrimp loooove are the Mosses. Java Moss is the easiest. I just let mine grow into a kinda of carpet. Anubias are also great low light plants :)

bettaowner said:
Don't add ghost shrimp. I read that ghost shrimps are more aggressive.

I'm not sure the OP ever said anything about Ghost Shrimp? Haha

But you do bring up a good point. Ghost Shrimp have been known to prey on Shrimplets of the Neocaridina.

I think my ph is too high for these shrimp. It comes out a solid blue when I test it which means its high in alkalinity and I also have very hard water. Can these shrimp handle that?

Back
Top Bottom