First 20 gallon fish tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Anachris I think? I'm not sure but I know it starts with an A. Lol yes I have a pic. :)

Attachments

• image-2586478141.jpg
    image-2586478141.jpg
    134.1 KB · Views: 66
Tank has been doing great. My plant still isn't doin too well but I believe it's the gouramis that are tearing it up. But I got some cool pics of my yellow mystery snail.

Attachments

• image-3638592370.jpg
    image-3638592370.jpg
    120.7 KB · Views: 50
  • image-4036641883.jpg
    image-4036641883.jpg
    129.1 KB · Views: 49
  • image-186939300.jpg
    image-186939300.jpg
    126.5 KB · Views: 50
So I have two filters. One is a top fun 20 and the other is a tetra whisper ex20. The top fin keeps stop working. ( yes I have cleaned it and all that good stuff) it's getting where it's going off every other day. So I'm going to replace it next week most likely. Question is by putting a new filter on will it cause my tank to cycle again or should it be fine since I have that other filter as well.

Lilmack07 said:
So I have two filters. One is a top fun 20 and the other is a tetra whisper ex20. The top fin keeps stop working. ( yes I have cleaned it and all that good stuff) it's getting where it's going off every other day. So I'm going to replace it next week most likely. Question is by putting a new filter on will it cause my tank to cycle again or should it be fine since I have that other filter as well.

Take the filter media out of the one your replacing and see if you can manage to fit it inside your filter that still works. That will keep your BB alive. In my 10g before I used some of the media to cycle my 30 with, I was able to fit 2 cartridges and 2 pieces of floss in my 10g filter.

Hahaha I don't know why I didn't think of that. But I will totally see if the media will fit into the new one I get. I'm thinking I'm prolly just going to grab a tetra whisper ex30. So it should fit but we shall see. :)) thank you!

Lilmack07 said:
Hahaha I don't know why I didn't think of that. But I will totally see if the media will fit into the new one I get. I'm thinking I'm prolly just going to grab a tetra whisper ex30. So it should fit but we shall see. :)) thank you!

No problem! The lid on my 10g didn't completely close all the way when I had all that in there, but I made it fit!

Sorry for a late response! I just shoved another cartridge in the back of mine so I know what you mean now about getting the lid to fit back on hahaha. Trying to get some bb growth so I can put it in a 10g I'm suppose to be getting. Going to make it into a shrimp tank! But after i take out that cartridge to put it in the 10g I'm goin to shove another one in there again just to have more bb growth for my 20g.

Back
Top Bottom