First fish what ya think ???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Wenty

Aquarium Advice Regular
Ok my tank is almost cycled and I was thinking of getting Cory(4) and a school of neon tetra(12)... This is for 55gal. tank. :cool:

Does this sound ok for a start ?? Opinions please.... :crazyeyes:

I would add the neons first, wait a while then add the cories. I always felt it was best to add the bottom feeders at the end. This lets more 'stuff' build up on the substrate, giving the cories something to eat. I'm sure you would be fine if you added them right away but you would have to supplement their diet with some algae wafers or shrimp pellets. Also be sure your substrate is smooth, any sharp edges will damage the cories' barbels. Cories will become stressed and weak if they lose their barbels (mainly due to lack of food).

I would add the neons first, wait a while then add the cories. I always felt it was best to add the bottom feeders at the end. This lets more 'stuff' build up on the substrate, giving the cories something to eat. I'm sure you would be fine if you added them right away but you would have to supplement their diet with some algae wafers or shrimp pellets. Also be sure your substrate is smooth, any sharp edges will damage the cories' barbels. Cories will become stressed and weak if they lose their barbels (mainly due to lack of food).

Makes sense..... Thanks.

Gourami, Angel, Mollies, Danio, Platy....... Anything else ??? :p Just the basic stuff.

make sure you get your mollies out of a fw tank. my lfs has 3 tanks for mollies, one fresh, one brackish, one saltwater. other than that, i dont see any problems with the list, unless you put like 20 of each lol :)

In nature angels diet does consist of tetras, in aquariums it is a hit or miss type of thing. My angels try to eat anything they think might fit in their mouth including a smaller cory.

In nature angels diet does consist of tetras, in aquariums it is a hit or miss type of thing. My angels try to eat anything they think might fit in their mouth including a smaller cory.

my angel swims backwards away from the frozen block of food at all times keeping eye contact, WIMP lol

Well I have 12 tetra neon's and they seem very spunky....:D They eat like little pigs too.

I'm going to wait a couple weeks to see how things go before getting more fish. :cool:

Very excited to have fish in the tank now..... (y)

the neons would compete with danios for food... danios are also very active feeders. In fact, wouldn't all those hyper fish bug the angels? Just a thought.

I agree with meegosh on the cories... let the tank run awhile.

the neons would compete with danios for food... danios are also very active feeders. In fact, wouldn't all those hyper fish bug the angels? Just a thought.

I agree with meegosh on the cories... let the tank run awhile.

I have an angel with neons he seems fine, the rasboras are even more hyper and he is fine with them. Infact like I said before my angel is a bit different, it swims away from frozen food scared stiff lol till its fully thawed and floating around lol.

Back
Top Bottom