first post and some questions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cryo

Aquarium Advice Newbie
First time on this forum sorry if this is the wrong place. Tank has been on for a while with just a few plants. Today I wanted to add fish but there is a white film on the inside glass Google can't help me solve. So I turn to you fish experts to see if it is safe and if there is an any way to clean it.(small herd of male guppies to start)

I've tried about a dozen angles. Just looks pretty much clear or there's a lot of glare. Could it be some kind of algae? I was planning to brave the fish in cycle using tetra safe start. Have heavily researched about everything I can this is my only problem. It wipes off but I don't know if it's a recurring thing just noticed it today

I've tried about a dozen angles. Just looks pretty much clear or there's a lot of glare. Could it be some kind of algae? I was planning to brave the fish in cycle using tetra safe start. Have heavily researched about everything I can this is my only problem. It wipes off but I don't know if it's a recurring thing just noticed it today

I recommend Dr. Tims over Safestart if you can get it, but that's somewhat irrelevant (glad to see you've done your research though! (y) )

What are your water parameters like? If it's algae (which is what I would guess) there has to be a source of nutrients, so a nitrate test might be helpful. Also, try reducing the amount of light or nutrients (if you're fertilizing) that the tank gets.

Dr. Tims One and Only is the same thing as TSS. Its more readily available too as you can purchase it at places including Walmart.

Are they hard water stains you're dealing with? If you touch it with your finger is it slimy or anything?

I'm being naughty and posting at work. I will test my levels when I get home in a few hours. Was just trying to see if I could get answers before I got there so they could add the bacteria and I could grab my finned friends

Ok got home everything is zero. It just wipes off can I take a cloth to it and call it good? No slime or anything like that almost like hard water but inside the tank

Unknown to me they set up my nephews 20g I was working on with 3 guppies. One is being a mean little snot. Can I just start up mine with him and add some tetras to cycle with tomorrow? Or is it a natural behavior

Pretty unhappy with it at this point I'm going to drain clean and start over. Any way to rescue my few plants that aren't Browning. Guess I don't have the touch even with all the research I did. Thank you for the help hopefully I'm not too disheartened

Back
Top Bottom