First tank compatible fish?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Piratechest

Aquarium Advice Freak
I have a second tank currently up and running (fish less). Over the past 2 months I have been introducing fish to my first tank. A platinum barb, 2 tiger barbs, a lyretail Molly, a sunsplash Molly? I think that is what it's called, a yellow and black Molly ,rainbow shark, 2 danios, and a upside down catfish. So can all these guys get along. The rainbow shark takes charge.

Ok rehome the shark as they become large and aggressive. Tiger barbs need at least 6 in their school but the more is better. You have schooling fish but they aren't in big enough schools

Ok rehome the shark as they become large and aggressive. Tiger barbs need at least 6 in their school but the more is better. You have schooling fish but they aren't in big enough schools
. My secondary is my soon to be showcase sitting in my living room. What tank mates should I look into for it. It's a 55g. 4 live plants, lots of hiding places.

Maybe the 55G as a semi aggressive tank with the school(s) of barbs and Rainbow Shark.

The 29 a peaceful tropical set-up. I'm not particularly familiar with the upside down cat, but probably either tank, as long as they are not over stocked.

The sharks CAN become aggressive, it depends on their personality, but also due to a tank being too small which a 29G is (for a young/junior to full grown fish), will increase their agitation with other fish being in their space/territory.

Sharks like to have cave like areas to "hide" in. And personally I think they really like what I call a race track, and what I mean is an open space for swimming all around the perimeter of the tank (this would be at substrate/ground level), and kind of a figure 8 shape swimming space around the bottom lower 1/3 of the tank. It can have Driftwood and plants at varying heights but just so there are places to cruise around like he is on patrol of his domain!

They can get large. I have a Red Tail Shark/RTS which is about 7" and a female. She is big. Fitting through small spaces is tough, and just watch out for sharp snags on DW which could hurt them when they are scared and dart off really fast.

Plants are good for most fish, just check their light requirements and some like Swords like fert tabs under the substrate for best growth. And Flourish is easily used for basic water feeding of plants.

Those are just my first thoughts about it.

Maybe the 55G as a semi aggressive tank with the school(s) of barbs and Rainbow Shark. The 29 a peaceful tropical set-up. I'm not particularly familiar with the upside down cat, but probably either tank, as long as they are not over stocked. The sharks CAN become aggressive, it depends on their personality, but also due to a tank being too small which a 29G is (for a young/junior to full grown fish), will increase their agitation with other fish being in their space/territory. Sharks like to have cave like areas to "hide" in. And personally I think they really like what I call a race track, and what I mean is an open space for swimming all around the perimeter of the tank (this would be at substrate/ground level), and kind of a figure 8 shape swimming space around the bottom lower 1/3 of the tank. It can have Driftwood and plants at varying heights but just so there are places to cruise around like he is on patrol of his domain! They can get large. I have a Red Tail Shark/RTS which is about 7" and a female. She is big. Fitting through small spaces is tough, and just watch out for sharp snags on DW which could hurt them when they are scared and dart off really fast. Plants are good for most fish, just check their light requirements and some like Swords like fert tabs under the substrate for best growth. And Flourish is easily used for basic water feeding of plants. Those are just my first thoughts about it.
thanks a lot autumn. Your input will be taken into serious consideration. Other then tetras and such, what else could be kept along with the rainbow shark?

Back
Top Bottom