Fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cocky88

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi, I have a 5ft by 2ft by 2ft tank, and im just wondering about how many fish would i be able to fit in it and what size heater would i need. i bought the tank of ebay and it came with a 300watt heater. At the moment its holding a arrowana, 6 angel fish, 2 small oscars, 2 small birchirs, 1 small fire eel, 3 gurramis, 2 jack dempseys, 2 rainbow fish, 2 plecs, a featherfin cat fish and 2 small barbs. Is this too much?, i am using a 600 ltr external pump for the tank.

whoa whoa
sounds like you are stocked
take a picture

how big is that arawana? your bros are going to start disappearing

This is a joke. How many gallons is it?? Because this is WAY WAY Too many fish. First of all jack dempsys are super agressive and will kill every fish in ur tank. Oscars get 10" bronchirs get the same size. Fire eels get MASSIVE and the angel fish will die under that amout of stress. Please tell me ur kidding

the arowana is 14inch. so do you think i have too many fish? il try get a photo up

cocky88 said:
the arowana is 14inch. so do you think i have too many fish? il try get a photo up

Yes. How many gallons is this? Basically the whole tank is not right

cocky88 said:

Ur arrowana will eat all of your fish. Those are fed Live mice is case you didnt know and off those other expensive fish in ur tank are like swimming mice to that monster arrowana

cocky88 said:
the tank holds just ova 500 litres

Ok ya the fish arent a good fit. Maybe keep the arowana and get rid of the oscars and jack dempseys.

Theyv all been in the same tank for a couple of month now and the arowana has never gone for any of the fish. Would it help if i got rid of all the little fish like the rainbow fish, jack dempseys, angel fish, guramis and the 2 barbs? and keep in the arowana, 2 oscars, fire eel, 2 birchirs and 2 plecs?

Honestly this tank very messed up. I mean you have a ton of amazing fish, but they should never be in the same tank unless its HUGE. u can keep the arrowana if u really want to, and the fire eel, and thats abt it. Maybe a few sucker fish.

Back
Top Bottom