Fish in cycle finished?!?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Danno

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I've had my tank up and running for over a month. Fish have been in for about 3 weeks now. I monitored my toxin levels very carefully all month and frequently did water changes. I watched my ammonia levels rise and fall and now today when I tested my nitrite is was back to none. Nitrate levels are very faint as well. Is the cycle finally finished??

So you had the nitrite spike when nitrites rose as well? How long have they been at 0 without a water change? If they did rise and are now at 0 without changing water that's a good sign. I'd keep testing just to be sure but you may be cycled, it's too early to say for sure yet. If ammonia and nitrite stay at 0 without water changes for a week then I'd say you're cycled.

Yes I watched them rise as I monitored them almost daily and did frequent water changes. I did a water change then 2 days later when I tested it was magically 0. The test I just did 5 minutes ago indicated 0 ammonia and nitrites. Nitrates were less than 5. Thanks for the info ill keep a look out for the next week but I got a feeling I'm there!(y)

Back
Top Bottom