Fish jumped from bag during acclimation

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

docfishy

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I opened the bag to let some water in and, pop goes one of my new firemouths right into the tank :fish2:"dumb fish" how concerned should I be about this particular fish ?
btw 4 firemouths 1 clown pelco for the setup

If your pH is very close to where you got them from, I wouldn't worry one bit. I get mine from a supplier in Cali and as soon as the get to my place, they come out of the bag (by hand no nets) and drop right in the tank.

I am in Arizona, which our water has a naturally high PH so :hide: I should be alright, he is swimming around and having a grand of a time.

Looks like everyone is Ok and the fish are having fun in their new home and settling into their new territories (y) watching firemouths flare is awesome :popcorn:. One of the firemouths has a gash :(, but it looks like its already healing and he is swimming, but I intend to keep a close eye on him for the time being. Also can I add anymore fish to my current setup of 4 firemouths 1 clown pelco or am I maxed out ?

Back
Top Bottom