Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - Getting Started
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 02-17-2012, 01:17 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice FINatic

fish jumping!

OK, so I got me a fish delivery today. I am acclimating my fish to the tank... get a phone call so I go to the other room. my timer goes off to add more water so I go back into the room and OH MY GOODNESS!!!! there is a fish on the floor!!!

I scoop the little guy back up and quickly throw him back in his bag. I think he is ready to get out

think he will be ok??

Old 02-17-2012, 01:55 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Newbie

well im sorry he decided to try a jailbreak lol but if he seems to be swimming around just fine and acting normally then i wouldnt worry about him. What type of fish is he?

Old 02-17-2012, 02:16 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by guppygirl09169 View Post
well im sorry he decided to try a jailbreak lol but if he seems to be swimming around just fine and acting normally then i wouldnt worry about him. What type of fish is he?
polka dot loach
Old 02-20-2012, 02:28 AM   #4
Aquarium Advice Freak

he'll prolly be just fine. Happens often!! good thing you caught him early
Old 02-20-2012, 02:40 AM   #5
Aquarium Advice Addict

When this happens, try to remember to wet your hands in the tank water first. If you get to them quick enough, they are usually fine, but you can damage their slime coat if you pick them up with dry hands. Adding some extra stress coat or prime to the tank is a good idea.

Tags
fish jumping

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com