Fish limit for tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

EvanLow

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I have a 10 g tank filtered by a fluval c3 running low at night and full during wake hours. I have a uv filter on only during day approx 10 hours. have 3 neon tetras with awesome colour on them. I wanted to get 3 more but I was wondering if 6 is to many or could I put 8 or 20 lol not that I would do 20. Tank is fully matured with a complete cycle. Using the c nodes in he bio media and currently running activated carbon. Swapped out the corse sponge for some poly pad / filter floss which is currently in it too. I plan to run seachim but have the bags on order since my first bags were to corse of holes and leaked seachim all over my hands. Thanks for the replays guys this is an awesome app/web page .ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1389147727.206292.jpg

You could go 10 neons and two or three small species Corydoras catfish for the bottom level. ie. Pygmy or false Julie Corys. They would love your cave. That would max you out. I know many say you need six or more for them to be happy but I have had two albino corys in a 16g bowfront for a year and they are buddies, healthy and active. Then keep up with 40-50% weekly water changes. Most important on a small 10g. OS.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom