Fish quarantine

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

nitin1986

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
In the mean time, a pair of gold fish and tiger barb died and gold fish - it's tail fin was kind of eaten away and bent, tiger barb- was very active i could not understand why they passed away.. I think both were stressed out. So I found that the fish was sick and the problem was ich infection and poor water quality. I don't have the water quality checking devices nor conditioners. I did 70% change of water when I got the reply, changed the water in the tank with disturbing whole base of the tank so that the water and excretes which is settled in the bottom can be extracted..
when I was observing the aquarium, I found that the other two gold fishes were also effected with that white spot on their whole body. Then I took it in the fish bowl which I purchased to keep the sick fishes and treat them. Used 80°f warm ro treated water changing it daily..
Suddenly the pair shubunkin acted weird, swimming in of pattern and hitting the walls and gravels. On doing some research I got to know that they are stressed out.. I took them also in the quarantined fish bowl.. treating them with warm water now changing daily twice.
The fish tank is quite and nice.. a pair of angel fish, a pair of White molly and a pair of algae eating cat fish. Today am going to change 80% water change to the fish tank. Coz I can't guess the toxic level of the present water and can't take chance to loose others

Back
Top Bottom