Fish suggestions needed please.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mummyfish

Aquarium Advice Newbie
My 7 year old daughter has a 10g tank which we set up at Christmas. Since then we've added 4 cories and a pleco. Now she would like to add something pretty and colourful which I am happy to do but the question is what? She wants pretty and colourful, I want hardy and easy to keep. All suggestions welcome, please help!

A few questions. 1. What kind of filter and heater do you have?
2. Who told you to put a pleco in there? Plecos grow to at least a foot long, often MUCH longer, and need at least 50 gallons or so. You definitely need to rehome the pleco, but after you do that you could add a dwarf gourami, they are colorful and a little bit hardy. 3. Do you know about cycling tanks? Is this one cycled? If you have no idea what that is, then you need a lot more help

Not sure on type of heater and filter off the top of my head' I'll check in the morning and will also get the pleco rehomed. Tank is cycled. I did look at dwarf gouramis online but keep coming across some sort of gourami disease which puts me off. A friend mentioned guppies but, again, there is a mix of info online.

You're pretty maxed out with a pleco and corys in a 10 gal I'm afraid. What kind of corys? Most are very active and barring pygmy and/or dwarf corys, they'd need a larger tank. The pleco needs at least a 30 gal, depending on what kind it is.

Dwarf Gourami Disease (DGD) is, to my knowledge, a disease that people overreact to, and apparently it only comes from DG's from Asia, but IDK for sure.

If your to nervous to get dwarfgouramis then get a regular one it will be the only one u can get but they are gorgeous fish

Back
Top Bottom