Fishless Cycling problem

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Preferably yes sorry I think I just said some I'm my long speech. We wanna get rid of thatold water.

I do have a request. Please text your tap water tonight when you can for ammo, nitrites, and nitrates only and post your readings. Fill a cup with tap water and set it aside for the night and tomorrow night when you test the tank for ammo and pH only please test that cup of water for pH also thatll give us a good pH reading on your tap water. And post those results

Here's a crude picture of what I mean with the filter set up if you dont add any more biomax if you do add more the next tray up put in the bio max and put your pads on top of that biomax and still have the top tray empty
ForumRunner_20130801_165801.jpg

I am going to take a nap now I work at night so if you have any questions I woke be able to answer them till 11pm eastern time not sure where you live. But I will answer you if not I'll talk to ya tomorrow when you post your results and what not. If I don't answer back right away I'm sleeping but don't worry I will. If you live in south Eastern PA I can hook you up with some bio balls I always keep some in my filters for seeding new tanks.

Hey Bambislayer

I just tested Ammonia, Nitrite, and Nitrate from the tap. All of them read 0

I am going to start changing out all the water now and i did pickup another box of biomax

Thanks

Sounds good. So the trsys from bottom to top now should be 1 bio foam 2 bio max 3 bio max with white pads on top 4 empty with the cover on top of that. I'm sure you'll figure it out but you don't pack the whole tray full of the bio max there basically half full or so you can tell how much to use by the tray tgat csme full the factory you can add a bit more than that I did just make sure the trays fit together properly. Double the prime dosage. Don't forget the cup of water for testing ph. Ammo dosage no more than 2ppm. Heater back up to 84 86. Your air wand bubbling. Any questions just ask if not talk to ya tomorrow. And rinse the new bio max if you saved some tank water use that if not just use tap water.

And just in case make sure youve taken the bio max out of the plastic bags it comes in for shipping. Same with the bio foam.

Sounds good. So the trsys from bottom to top now should be 1 bio foam 2 bio max 3 bio max with white pads on top 4 empty with the cover on top of that. I'm sure you'll figure it out but you don't pack the whole tray full of the bio max there basically half full or so you can tell how much to use by the tray tgat csme full the factory you can add a bit more than that I did just make sure the trays fit together properly. Double the prime dosage. Don't forget the cup of water for testing ph. Ammo dosage no more than 2ppm. Heater back up to 84 86. Your air wand bubbling. Any questions just ask if not talk to ya tomorrow. And rinse the new bio max if you saved some tank water use that if not just use tap water.

Yep that is exactly the way i have it now, thank you so much for helping me with this. I have the cup of water set aside, the tank is now filled up and the filter is going with the heater turned on. Should i add the capful of prime and ammonia now or should i wait a bit and let the filter cycle for a little bit before adding?

Thanks

Don't say Thank You yet we havent accomplished anyrhing lol all ive done so far is have you spend money and empty the tank dont jinx us.

Don't say Thank You yet we havent accomplished anyrhing lol all ive done so far is have you spend money and empty the tank dont jinx us.

LOL well i appreciate the time and effort you have invested here. I just added some ammonia and i will wait about a half hour and test to see what level im at

OK so i added a half teaspoon of ammonia and waited the reading was at 4ppm :banghead::banghead:

I just emptied half the tank out (15 gallons) and refilled with 15 fresh gallons and added some prime to each of the three 5 gallon buckets i added back in.

We are now at 2 ppm i hope that this finally works, i will test the ph in the glass of water tommorrow. I am off to bed for tonight thanks again for the advice

Ok we learned that 1/2 teaspoon equals 4ppm that's actually good to know we can work with that. Talk to u tomorrow. Dont expect a drop in the ammo tomorrow but if it does cool.

Ok we learned that 1/2 teaspoon equals 4ppm that's actually good to know we can work with that. Talk to u tomorrow. Dont expect a drop in the ammo tomorrow but if it does cool.

Ok i just check the ammonia level and it is at 1ppm do you think the cycle is starting to work or do you think it was actually 1 all along but when i tested it last night and got the reading of 2 it was too soon too test?

At this point what do i do, should i dose it back up to 2 or no?

Also i tested the ph of the glass of tap water from last night and thats 7.6

Thanks!

Im going to say no don't do anything. That's perfect on the tap means the tank should be near 8 during the cycle. I'm saying no to adding ammo only because I'm thinking we'll baby it for a couple days lets make sure it really wants to kick into gear.

Im going to say no don't do anything. That's perfect on the tap means the tank should be near 8 during the cycle. I'm saying no to adding ammo only because I'm thinking we'll baby it for a couple days lets make sure it really wants to kick into gear.

Sounds good to me, i will post my readings tommorrow

thanks again!

Sounds good to me, i will post my readings tommorrow

thanks again!

Just tested the reading ammo is between 1.5-2.0 which i dont understand because the first day it was at 2 then on friday it was at 1 and i didnt add any more ammonia since then. Any ideas on what to do next or just keep waiting?

Thanks

Back
Top Bottom