Fluval edge 46l Aquascape

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Wilkes

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hey guys over the past couple of days I've got my bits and pieces together and got my hands on everything I need to set up this tank apart from the plants which I'll pick up on Thursday I think, as thats the best time.

So far the list reads

Fluval edge 46l tank With hang on filter and led lighting
Sponge for the filter intake
Fluval e series 50 w heater
Api test kit
Pure ammonia
Plant substrate
Root tabs
Planting tongs
Landscape rock
Fluval co2
De chlorinator for the tap water
Floaty algae scraper
Net and substrate cleaner

I've probably missed something

Anything you guys think I need to add when I pick up the plants? Thanks

Excited :D

What kinda plants are going in?

Maybe a drop checker so you can monitor the amount of co2 in the water.

d_flo_yo said:
What kinda plants are going in?

Maybe a drop checker so you can monitor the amount of co2 in the water.

Well from what I've read with the co2 setup I bought you will the diffuser and it slowly released it but don't quote me on that I Havnt opened the packet yet only arrived today. The list so far is dwarf hair grass and dwarf baby tears and possibly one more for background maybe depending on stock etc.

I'm also thinking of adding a frosted glass vinyl to the back of the tank. Has anyone done this?

I like the idea of a frosted vinyl for the back, I've considered this as well.

The co2 will be diffused but you'll want to know if you've got enough going in, or too much (youll be able to control the flow with the co2 kit's regulator) A drop checker uses a fluid that indicates the level of co2, you leave it in (looks kinda cool) and make adjustments as it indicates. There are other ways to check the level of co2 but this is simple.

Ill let the experts chime in on this topic but you'll need a lot of light for the dwarf baby tears.,

d_flo_yo said:
Ill let the experts chime in on this topic but you'll need a lot of light for the dwarf baby tears.,

Yeah I have heard that but from videos on YouTube I have seen it do well in the same setups so worth a try

Well ill be watching this thread to see how it goes. I have the 23l edge and I purchased the the 42 LED light that comes with yours from Hagen. I use that AND the light that came with mine and I wasn't sure I would be able to grow dwarf baby tears/cuba/HC with it. I've only got dwarf hairgrass in it for now, waiting on the LFS to get some more 4 leaf clover

Was planning on designing the hard scape tonight ready for collecting plants tomorrow but I have now got a doubt regarding the Stand I was planning on using. It takes my weight which should be easily heavier than the tank even when full. Or I could place some MDF board underneath to help distribute the weight a bit more evenly and cover with carpet. Decisions decisions

Just found out my lights aren't working! Great! Back to the LFS tomorrow

Yeah I have heard that but from videos on YouTube I have seen it do well in the same setups so worth a try

CO2 will make a difference in growing this with those lights. Be sure to use the root tabs as HC likes a nutrient rich substrate. You might also want to consider getting a liquid fert like Seachem's Comprehensive to use weekly after WC's.

Ok sorry for the break had a few set backs unfortunately.

Ok so going to have to start from scratch, I'm aiming for Eleocharis parvula, Hemianthus callitrichoides and a background plant that will grow fairly tall. Any suggestions?

Also any recommended online plant retailers in the UK?

Back
Top Bottom