Fluval Edge 6 Gallon Stocking Suggestions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Crazyfoxeye

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I just bought a second aquarium, and its one of those nice looking fluval edge 6 gallon tanks. But yea I only had room for a small tank in my room.

So I was wondering if you have suggestions on stocking. I was thinking 1 Ghost shrimp as my algae eater would be suitable for the tank size. And I was thinking about guppies... but I want to know your guy's opinion on other alternatives. I also want your suggestions on live plants for this small tank, and if adding live plants can increase the amount of fish I can have in there. The last thing I want is to overstock this tank or have fish not suitable for it.

But anyways I am new to this site, I read forum posts all the time but I never signed up till now. Thanks :D

Crazyfoxeye said:
I just bought a second aquarium, and its one of those nice looking fluval edge 6 gallon tanks. But yea I only had room for a small tank in my room.

So I was wondering if you have suggestions on stocking. I was thinking 1 Ghost shrimp as my algae eater would be suitable for the tank size. And I was thinking about guppies... but I want to know your guy's opinion on other alternatives. I also want your suggestions on live plants for this small tank, and if adding live plants can increase the amount of fish I can have in there. The last thing I want is to overstock this tank or have fish not suitable for it.

But anyways I am new to this site, I read forum posts all the time but I never signed up till now. Thanks :D

You could have two male guppies or nano fish- red cherry shrimp, a school of celestial pearl danios or ember tetras, and a scarlet badis or sparkling gourami

You could have just two guppies as Emerald said, must make sure they're the same sex or you'll have a lot of babies and will be quickly overstockd. For a more lively tank though you could do a small school of nano fish. So for example you could do:

6 nano fish (celestial pearl danio, ember tetra or chili rasbora);
1 guppy or sparkling gourami or 1-2 scarlet badis
some shrimp and/or a nerite snail.

Is this your first tank?If so you might want to read up on cycling:
Guide to Starting a Freshwater Aquarium - Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom