Fluval Edge tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ddipsydavid

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi all.
I have a fluval edge tank and i was wandering what and how many fish/shrimps people have in their tank?
Im in the UK and looking for ideas really.
Cheers

ddipsydavid said:
Hi all.
I have a fluval edge tank and i was wandering what and how many fish/shrimps people have in their tank?
Im in the UK and looking for ideas really.
Cheers

Fluval Edges are only around the six gallon mark so your stocking options are limited. In that tank all I'd think you could put in there are bettas, ember tetras, small rasboras like espeis for example, endler's livebearers, and mosquito fish. Inverts are a lot more options so that's up to what you want to do.

One amano shrimp in the whole tank??
Well i have the neons and cardinals.and shrimps in there already and they have been fine for over a month

ddipsydavid said:
One amano shrimp in the whole tank??
Well i have the neons and cardinals.and shrimps in there already and they have been fine for over a month

Amanos get big. I guess if the amanos are working out for you I don't see why not. Neons and cardinals get too active for a five gallon, I'd suggest a ten gallon minimum

I agree with Bruinsbro. Neons and cardinals can fit in a 5 gal but they don't belong in a 5 gal. They are very active swimmers and to limit them to such a small space isn't really fair to them.

Well they seem happy. Is it fair keeping a hamster or budgie in a cage etc or marine or other fish in a tank?

If they show signs of stress i can always give them to my 180litre tank

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20110925_172801.jpg
    ForumRunner_20110925_172801.jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 139
Back
Top Bottom