Fluval Edge Tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Monkeey

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi All

Brand new at this and this forum seems really helpful and friendly. This being quite a unique tank I was wondering

a) are there any other Edge tank owners that have advice and

b) suggestions for a good hardy fish to start with after a fishless cycle.

Thanks Paul

Hi Andrew. Its 23 ltrs (5 Gal)

Been cycling for a 4 or 5 days now.

Artificial Plants and simple Bamboo & Stone Feng Shui type feel.

I seem to have high ph 8.2 yesterday. Other readings are ok.

Paul

5 gallons is pretty hard to stock. you could do a betta or a couple of aquatic dwarf frogs. or a small community of least killifish and shrimp. is there anything you had in mind?

Like I said very new to this, Cardinal Tetra maybe, mollies, shrimp just some thoughts.

This is gonna be harder than I thought !!

Like I said very new to this, Cardinal Tetra maybe, mollies, shrimp just some thoughts.

This is gonna be harder than I thought !!

mollies need a bare minimum of 20 gallons, they get pretty large. in my 5.5s i have bettas, frogs and one has a dwarf puffer. do you like puffers? they have a great personality. are you going to do fake or live plants?

Thanks Andrew, That's me off home for a 4 day weekend. Artificial plants by the way. Seriously thinking about a betta now, anyway i'll let you know.

Many thanks

Hi, Gotta go now but would love to talk about the edge another time. I think they must have there own unique problems.

Thanks

Paul

I have swordtails in my fluval edge, they like it alot

I have 2 Fluval Edge 6g tanks. Stocking with nano fish is your best choice. Look into fish like Ember tetra's, Chili Rasbora's, Clown Killifish, Scarlet Badis, and many more. With nano fish you do want to use a sponge cover they make to fit over the intake strainer.

Swordtails get upwards of 5 inches and have heavy bio-loads. They are not suitable for a 6g tank. They may be small now but they won't stay that way.

Thanks River, I have made a start today, a black molly, a lovely silver molly and 3 yamoto shrimp. All seem ok. The shrimp are great fun to watch. I will look into nano fish as you suggest. Any other special advise for the edge.

Paul

Mollies are not suitable for that size tank as they get very large and have a huge bio-load also. If you can return them I would unless you plan on getting a larger tank soon.

Thanks River, I have made a start today, a black molly, a lovely silver molly and 3 yamoto shrimp. All seem ok. The shrimp are great fun to watch. I will look into nano fish as you suggest. Any other special advise for the edge.

Paul

Like many have said, no mollies or swordtails in that tank (which is 6 gallons by the way). Like rivercats said, try nano fish, shrimp, a betta, least killifish, etc. (but NOT all together in one tank).

Welcome to Aquarium Advice! :welcome:

Hi I also have a fluval Edge 23 litre{five gallon} I set it up with real plants and stocked with just cherry shrimps,=low maintenance and easy to look after BUT the shrimps bred like mad and kept getting into the filter until I bought a sponge for the intake on the filter. I found the filter fiddly to clean and the impellor was tricky to extract for cleaning. A nice set up but have replaced it with a larger system now,an Aqua one of about 46 litres.

Back
Top Bottom