for 120l

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

newbietofishes

Aquarium Advice Regular
Before i go and buy a new tank (seen a tank i want but dont want to buy if can be avoided) i am wondering if this lot be okay in this tank or is it too much for 120l if too much then a new tank will need to be brought.

6 neon tetra
2 pencil tetra
7 danio
3 rummy nose tetra
Ruby shark i think hes called
Bristle nose pleco
3 hatchet fish maybe...

This is a transfer to reduce the number in my 240L please advice..

Before i go and buy a new tank (seen a tank i want but dont want to buy if can be avoided) i am wondering if this lot be okay in this tank or is it too much for 120l if too much then a new tank will need to be brought.

6 neon tetra
2 pencil tetra
7 danio
3 rummy nose tetra
Ruby shark i think hes called
Bristle nose pleco
3 hatchet fish maybe...

This is a transfer to reduce the number in my 240L please advice..

Sounds fine to me! On the edge of being fully stocked but definitely not over stocked!

Thank you so much for that.... Would you be able to say its okay or overstocks... It would leave in the 240L
a common pleco (know he cud still grow but havent for a while)
5 Tigerbarbs
10 golden barbs
3 swordtail (one male two females)
4 or 5 odd fishes that should not be any bigger the 5 cm that was in a schooling but died over the years
A cat fish that shud not get any bigger than 12cm
8 Cories
Once again thank you

Oh the pleco at the moment i would say is somewhere between 20 to 30cm at the moment and havent grown for a year

Thank you so much for that.... Would you be able to say its okay or overstocks... It would leave in the 240L
a common pleco (know he cud still grow but havent for a while)
5 Tigerbarbs
10 golden barbs
3 swordtail (one male two females)
4 or 5 odd fishes that should not be any bigger the 5 cm that was in a schooling but died over the years
A cat fish that shud not get any bigger than 12cm
8 Cories
Once again thank you

I'd get rid of the barbs because I hate the vicious little things but otherwise it's not over stocked but will be very soon with the pleco and catfish.

I'd get rid of the barbs because I hate the vicious little things but otherwise it's not over stocked but will be very soon with the pleco and catfish.

Barbs vicious? Really have had them for a year and they seems good in my tank do they become vicious as they get bigger they are about 3/4 cm at the min.... =-O
Because it could get overstocked in the near future if i got a bigger tank eg 230l and moved the catfish with the above (120l) would that be better? Or move the 8 cories?

While this website isn't infallible, it can be a good starting point if you're trying to gauge how much you can put in a tank. It will give some VERY general advice on compatibility as well. It's nice because it allows you to put in filtration as well as your tank's footprint and volume.

http://aqadvisor.com/

It can still be good to confirm with more experienced fish keepers for advice on stocking, but this may help you solve some of your general stocking questions.

Really? I love barbs! Especially tiger barbs! They are my favorite freshwater fish :) I have had them with no problems, but I also had a few that were a bit nippy. I have heard that the more you have, the less aggressive they are, and if you have less than 6 they might be aggressive, but like I said, I have never had any real problem with them.

While this website isn't infallible, it can be a good starting point if you're trying to gauge how much you can put in a tank. It will give some VERY general advice on compatibility as well. It's nice because it allows you to put in filtration as well as your tank's footprint and volume.

http://aqadvisor.com/

It can still be good to confirm with more experienced fish keepers for advice on stocking, but this may help you solve some of your general stocking questions.

Just wanted to say a huge thankyou for passing this website and it does more a less say using my old 120l isnt going to be big enough and the pleco may need a new home .... But it have helped me to decided which groups are best together so once i get my new tank up and running another 200L+ tank i be able to put them in a tank and theyll be stress free, phew so glad i found this forum but wish i found it years ago and not trust my fish place 100% they are good but they also want to sell...

Just wanted to say a huge thankyou for passing this website and it does more a less say using my old 120l isnt going to be big enough and the pleco may need a new home ....

phew so glad i found this forum but wish i found it years ago and not trust my fish place 100% they are good but they also want to sell...

I'm glad the website was helpful! It's just nice to get some generalized guidelines from somewhere that isn't trying to sell you fish! Even the best of LFSs is still trying to make money. I love my LFS I use, but I bought some very expensive fish there as my first fish and lost them all to disease a few months later. I wish in retrospect I'd purchased something less exotic and more forgiving of my mistakes.

Anyway, good luck with your tanks!

Back
Top Bottom