Found the RCS, now a danio is on the way out.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

skiweeangel

Aquarium Advice Addict
I bought a two juvenile RCS last week and they were around for about 48hrs. Then I couldn't find them anymore. There were a few more clean spots in the tank so I didn't know what to think. This morning one of the two was front and center cleaning away. So I am hoping to find the other one soon.

That was the good news. One of my long fin gold danios was on his back at the bottom... and is now swimming around, my guess is for not too much longer :(. He look perfectly healthy and I have only had these guys for two months. Any ideas on why he is suddenly circling the drain? I checked my water immediately and it is fine.

RCS are pretty good at hiding, especially when they're young and clear. You could add some more and try to start a breeding colony. It makes them a lot easier to find when there are a lot more in the tank.

If you got the fish from a big box store, it's not uncommon for them to be old or weak when you buy them. I'm pretty sure the breeders send their leftovers to the big box stores.

Ditto with what BigJim said. Avoid getting fish from the big box stores unless you really know what you are doing. Sometimes you can get some good fish from them, if you know what to look for, but unfortunately (for the fish) you usually won't.

Stick to the pet stores, especially the ones that specialize in aquariums. They will usually have healthier stock. That is, of course, depending on the store.

Back
Top Bottom