Freshwater angels

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

FrogFrenzy

Aquarium Advice Freak
I wanted to get some angels for my 55 gallon long tank. It's semi aggressive. But I read that angels need at least 30 gallon high not long. Is that true?

I've kept Angels in a 29G standard.. a pair. They bred and spawned regularly for many, many years, with a few other community fish, even with a few tiger barbs, which look nice but I'd never have them again. Too nippy.

They were over six inches tall but never seemed to lack for swimming room.

Yes angels work fine in that size tank but how many are you planning on keeping? Also are you doing a planted tank and what other stock are you going to have?

I just read this stock list off another one of your threads...

" have 4 gold dojo loaches, 12 giant danios, 9 tiger barbs, 2 pearl gouramis, 3 buenos aires tetras, 1 bushy nose pleco, and 1 red tail shark"

So after seeing your stock list I strongly suggest not adding angels. The tiger barbs and giant danios are not a good mix with angels and the Buenos aires tetra's can also often be nippers especially with the angels long fins and feelers.

Yes angels work fine in that size tank but how many are you planning on keeping? Also are you doing a planted tank and what other stock are you going to have?
probably about 3 angels. About 3/4 of my tank is densely planted. I already have a red tail shark, 12 giant danios, 9 tiger barbs, a pleco, 4 dojo loaches, and 2 pearl gouramis

Back
Top Bottom