Funny today....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

new2betas

Aquarium Advice Addict
I decided to get up my nerve and use my gravel vacuum for my 10g tank to try to help get rid of some of these snails and snail eggs. I hadn't used it before and was a little nervous, but it went well. I enjoyed it and the fish are really used to me being in the tank and don't seem bothered too bad when I have to do maintenance now. After I drained about 2 gallons off I felt that was quite adequate. The water settled in the bucket and low and behold, there was ONE of my CRS that I bought a few weeks back. So, what did I do???? Break out my old 2 gallon tank and set it up immediately for him!! I had to! If I had put him in any of the other tanks he would have just gotten eaten immediately, like all of the others did! I was pretty thrilled to see him. I now have my 10 gallon tank with Bert the Betta and the three peppered cories and one 2.5 g tank with the two female guppies and now the 2 g tank with one lone CRS in it. Will he be pretty hardy or will I have to watch the water parameters every day for a while? The only older media that is in there with him is some java moss from my 10g. Gravel was new/unused. I did transfer him over in some of the old 10g tank water that he was vacuumed with.
BTW - how many cherry red shrimp could I possibly put in with him in this 2g tank? I would love to have a few of them!

Last edited:
With a single shrimp you should not have to watch/worry about the water parameters, well except for temp(which also may not be a big deal). You could add more and still not have to worry about it(10 or so). They like sinking algae wafers and sinking shrimp pellets/crab cuisine.

This actually would be a great place for them, since they should start to breed then you can try to reintroduce into your other tanks if you wish(or even for food for the other tanks). They should limit there population somewhat due to the size of the tank and food available.

I'm happy that you do have a survivor, I would encourage you to thoroughly look through your other tanks and see if hopefully you can find another shrimp to put in there also, then you may not have to buy any more(ever)

Last edited:
With a single shrimp you should not have to watch/worry about the water parameters, well except for temp(which also may not be a big deal). You could add more and still not have to worry about it(10 or so). They like sinking algae wafers and sinking shrimp pellets/crab cuisine.

This actually would be a great place for them, since they should start to breed then you can try to reintroduce into your other tanks if you wish(or even for food for the other tanks). They should limit there population somewhat due to the size of the tank and food available.

Thanks speed.....I am looking at some on aquabid right now. I am not sure though...it might be too many shrimp for sale (25 total)

I would try to search hard in you tanks to see if you can find another couple then you wont need to buy any. Also I'm sure if you ask nicely one of the great members on here may be able to donate a couple to you for a great price. I would do so if my population was higher(think I ended up with ~12-14 and 1 died shortly after I got them).

Back
Top Bottom