Future tank fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

starbear

Aquarium Advice Regular
I wand to be really prepared when I start a 30g tank, and I want to make sure I research and know exactly what all the fish need and make sure every one is happy. So im getting a 30g this week end and going to take my time cycleing and continuing to research while it does. So what I really want to know is what kinds of fish would go with kuhli loaches?
No local fish stores that ive been able to locate yet, aside from petsmart, so online resources to buy kuhli loaches?
I want to build my stock around them, and im planning on having a 10g hospital/quarantine tank built into the stand im custom building, so I can only add as many as will be happy in a 10g for quarintine at a time, and im hoping to get live plants for the 30g as well
So online places to buy plants on a budget?

Sent from my SCH-I415 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Other peaceful specials will do fine with them, tetras, gouramis, rasboras. How many do you plan on keeping in the tank?

I just dont know alot of different fish names, and how many loaches? I was thinking 3

Do they take care of the bottom of the tank? Would they get along with shrimp to help keep it clean?

Oh ok, do you know if they would get along with an alge eater?

So I think I might have a list of possibilitys if any one wants to give me opinions, i ran it through aqadvisor but not sure about temperments and the like, so opinions please!
Kuhli loach
Green fire tetras
Bloodfin tetras
White skirt tetras
Zebra danio
Dwarf gourami

Skirt Tetras and Zebra Danios can be nippy. The ZDs are very fast zippy fish. May be annoying to your peaceful Tetras ?

You have some room, so that may help. Big groups are best with nippy fish or any schooling species.

Smoke signals from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Your first group of fish can go right into the 30g, just wait about a month before adding other fish

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I was hoping to add loaches first but reseach says not to new tanks?

Realistically any fish can be added, but some are more sensitive and newer tanks tend to be more unstable. But with a fully cycled tank that gets good care it would not be a problem. They fish store tanks are in far worse conditions than most home aquariums that have competent owners. The key word here is competent!

Many people suggested that how I did my tank was not ideal and so on. Yes, I did things that most advised against but I have successfully got through the cycle just fine with no death.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I havent even been able to find a place to get kuhli loaches locally...

You said petsmart had them, get them from there and house them in you QT for few weeks before introducing them to your main thank. If you feel that PS has poor quality KL, then online would be your best bet are do a "wanted" in the classifieds section on here.

Petsmart only has the gold loaches and the black ones so far, trying to find out if they would get kuhli ones but no one there has had any real information. Are their alot of people on here that have them?

I don't know for sure... Just put out a wanted ad in the classifieds and someone should direct you to someone that might. I see you're in nc, so am I. Fayetteville.

Back
Top Bottom