FW Tank Task List

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cameron2

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hello All,

I currently own a small 3 gallon tank in my dorm room, I however and moving into an apartment next summer and want to upgrade to a 50-70 gallon tank. I however, want to buy everything used as this will be my first major tank and I do not want to put a lot of money into it. I have a little less than a year to gather all of the materials for a pretty cheap price.

I was wondering where the best places to find cheap items would be, and if they are used, are used tank pieces useful? Or do somethings just HAVE to be new. I will be keeping you all up to date with everything I buy and how much I got it for. My goal is to spend less than $200 on the tank, excluding the food, testing kits, etc.

Thanks,

Cameron

It depends on where you are located- if you want I can check a couple of sites and PM you- just let me know the general area you're in.

You can check our Craigslist or freecycle.

Just make sure you check the tank before you buy it- have the person put water in it.
And make sure you clean EVERYTHING.

Back
Top Bottom