The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ryna

Aquarium Advice Newbie
My tank is all ready, so soon I'll be getting 3 white cloud minnows for my little tank.

Should I get males or females?

I don't want the possibility of babies at all, so I have to get all of the same (right?).

I'm not sure about cloud minnows but I know if some fish can change sex so that may not solve your problems. ^^; but they'll probably eat them before they hatch or when they hatch so I wouldn't worry too much about it, like Rich said :)

White clouds are schooling fish, so I'd get more than 3. What size tank is it? You should get atleast 6 if there is room.

Like said above, it really doesn't matter what sexes you have. :)

Ok. But I don't really like the thought of cannabalistic fish

BTW My tank is only 5 gallon so I think 3 is all I can fit, but I'll see how it looks and how they're acting when these are settled in. Then I'll see for more or not

rich311k said:
They are egg layers so it shouldn't matter much unless you make an effort to save the eggs.

Are they egg layers or egg "scatterers"? I thought I heard they scatter their eggs but I could be wrong.

I believe they scatter, I just meant that unless you try to save the eggs the chances of fry are minimal.

I see what you were saying. I just couldn't remember if they scattered them or not.

All right, I'm convinced.

This is exciting. I'm getting them tonight, hopefully. Yay! :)

Anyway, thanks for the replies.

Back
Top Bottom