Getting a New 36g Bowfront Tank:D

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I test my water
ammo 2.0
nitrites 2.0
ph 7.6

so ive been thinking about my stock that I want...ive been looking at rams. what do you all think?

Rams are very very beautiful fish!! The german blue and the other more round ones are great!! Plus the electric blue ram is even more cool!! But watch for the price on the electric blue cause here in puerto rico in a local pet shop i found them on $20 and $30 each!!!! They robbed me once for $20 and it died in less than a week later! They r kind of difficult to have or maintain!!

angelvelez87 said:
Rams are very very beautiful fish!! The german blue and the other more round ones are great!! Plus the electric blue ram is even more cool!! But watch for the price on the electric blue cause here in puerto rico in a local pet shop i found them on $20 and $30 each!!!! They robbed me once for $20 and it died in less than a week later! They r kind of difficult to have or maintain!!

very beautiful. ive heard their a lil hard to have. im also looking gourami. ive had them before and I really like the neon blue dwarf gourami.

okay my ammo is 0.25
nitrites are hot pink..they dont look like 5.0.. stumped
my ph is 7.6

my mom got a treaser chest today lol tacky I know but she wanted it so I let her get it..

ForumRunner_20120422_210711.jpg

Lol, parents can be annoying with our fishtanks. My mom tried to make me put a common pleco in a 29 gallon... Luckily I found the bristlenose pleco. :D

Bettababe1011 said:
Lol, parents can be annoying with our fishtanks. My mom tried to make me put a common pleco in a 29 gallon... Luckily I found the bristlenose pleco. :D

ohhhh jeez..noo!!! lol bad idea!!. yeah I kinda like it..gives it some character. so any help on my nitrites?? I was thinking about doinf a WC to bring em down to read able levels

yeah I knew that :/. I asked jlk for some guidance. so we'll get it sorted out.

Treasure chest is fun, now you need a little diver. LOL!!! Humoring her helps her like what you're doing. I love when my kids humor the "ole girl" as MY mom would say.

I would do at least a third water change. What filter are you running, I came in late on thred. I cycles my 40 gal for 4 days fishless now there are eight harlequin radboras, 4oto, 5brite eye Rasbora. I recommend using at Keats a filter LG enough to cycle tank with at least a three stage filtration unit. Japanese Moss balls can also help lower PH a lil too. I doo my water changes now with reverse osmosis distilled water...called Pure. I have high PH to deal with too. How long have you cycles & is it a fishless cycle? I think the chest looks cool..but I'm a mom too. Lol. You might want to try a water balancer also to level your readings. I know Aft is harmless to fish & perfectly natural. adds beneficial bacteria, which may be what is happening. Does one level out only for another to spike? Let me know. Lots of smart pesos on here. You'll get it figured out.

Jennie L said:
I would do at least a third water change. What filter are you running, I came in late on thred. I cycles my 40 gal for 4 days fishless now there are eight harlequin radboras, 4oto, 5brite eye Rasbora. I recommend using at Keats a filter LG enough to cycle tank with at least a three stage filtration unit. Japanese Moss balls can also help lower PH a lil too. I doo my water changes now with reverse osmosis distilled water...called Pure. I have high PH to deal with too. How long have you cycles & is it a fishless cycle? I think the chest looks cool..but I'm a mom too. Lol. You might want to try a water balancer also to level your readings. I know Aft is harmless to fish & perfectly natural. adds beneficial bacteria, which may be what is happening. Does one level out only for another to spike? Let me know. Lots of smart pesos on here. You'll get it figured out.

im using to large aqueon filters that were.from my other tanks. ph isnt something that need to be lowered because in this case I need the buffer and if it drops it will stall my cycle.
im also using pure ammonia. I dont really use any of water balencer besides prime.. and water changes..
once the bac eat through the ammo thats when you redose. im sure someone can explain a fishless cycle better than I can lol I do apperciate your help tho:)

Jennie L said:

im using to large aqueon filters that were.from my other tanks. ph isnt something that need to be lowered because in this case I need the buffer and if it drops it will stall my cycle.
im also using pure ammonia. I dont really use any of water balencer besides prime.. and water changes..
once the bac eat through the ammo thats when you redose. im sure someone can explain a fishless cycle better than I can lol I do apperciate your help tho:)

HI! Ok- just so I am on the same page here (and didnt miss anything reading), you just started this tank on the 18th? Did you start with any cycled media or are you doing this from scratch? How do your numbers look today (all of them)? :)

jlk said:
HI! Ok- just so I am on the same page here (and didnt miss anything reading), you just started this tank on the 18th? Did you start with any cycled media or are you doing this from scratch? How do your numbers look today (all of them)? :)

hey!! yup the 18th! um I havent checked yet ive.been at work. when I get home I will..yes 2 established filters im using from my cycled 55g & 29g. the last readings were from last night.

Thanks! The cycled media explains why your already getting conversion. I dont remember what the hot pink equates to on your test but I recall its in the 2-5ppm range. Lets see how your numbers look tonight & we can go from there. Right now, everything seems right on track! Using cycled media doesnt guarentee an instantly cycled tank but it def jumpstarts the process! This tank should cycle fairly quickly as long as everything else is in order. :)

Back
Top Bottom