Getting Ready to Fishless Cycle

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

eAts

Aquarium Advice Activist
Well, I'm waiting for the last of my "supplies" to come in tomorrow, so I will hopefully have everything running and begin to follow the steps in the guides to fishless cycling. I have been patiently waiting for everything to get my tank started, so I've been looking at what I may want to stock and this is what I have so far.

44g Pentagon Tank
1 x Dwarf Gourami
2 x Bolivian Ram
6 x Green Fire Tetra
6 x Silver Tip Tetra or 6 x Blue emperor Tetra
6 x Congo Tetra

I'm still new to all of this so wish me luck!

Also this is unrelated, but has anyone ever ordered fish from Petco online? If so what has your experience been?

I'll be sure to post pics of the tank setup tomorrow evening, depending on if everything runs smoothly!

What fish were you looking to buy off petco? And the stock list sounds pretty good to me

Nothing in particular, but I didn't realize they sold fish online.

Tanks started: 8/27/12
PH - 7.6
Ammonia- 5-6 PPM, I added enough for 5 ppm, but I believe my tap water has around one, so I'll add less next time when it starts to drops to 1 in a week or so.

Any other information needed? Pics coming soon.

I wasn't sure if the ammonia level was too high, but if it is I can always do a PWC to lower it tonight. Let me know.

Thanks!

Can't wait for pics. And if your looking for a certain fish see if Severum mama is selling them. If you don't know who she is just search for her on this site. She is very good with selling fish and has good prices.

Here is the Pic.

I just noticed this, the sand is really fine grain, and it rises with the bubbles so the rock and plants are covered in sand LOL. I'll be moving the airstone tomorrow.

Back
Top Bottom