Ghost Shrimp - What do I put them in?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Aquascapes

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I recently got interested in shrimp and I am planning to get a three or four ghost shrimp to start out. Problem is people keep telling me I will need at least a 10 gallon tank, a special air pump, and all kinds of fancy jazz for them to survive. My question is, is all that really necessary for three little shrimp no bigger than my pinky? Could I possibly get away with keeping them in a 2.5 gallon fish bowl? I have kept a gold fish alive in the same bowl for about a year before with just doing regular water changes... in fact he probably would have lived longer if my mom hadn't started over feeding him... but anyway, could I get away with it or do you guys think they would die pretty fast in a bowl?

Well I currently have a 20 gallon aquarium and I have had ghost shrimp and I would say that I never have had anything special but not positive about that small of a tank. Does your tank have any kind of pump or filter?

Well I currently have a 20 gallon aquarium and I have had ghost shrimp and I would say that I never have had anything special but not positive about that small of a tank. Does your tank have any kind of pump or filter?

No, it doesn't have a pump and where it's current location it isn't near an outlet to run one :ermm: I could move it or rig something up if it's necessary though...

Back
Top Bottom