Giant danios and zebra danios

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Asbestos

Aquarium Advice Activist
Can keep giant danios and zebra danios in the same tank? I love both so would the size difference in the giant ones be a problem? Because i want to add some zebra danios into a tank with some giant danios.

i think they will be fine together. i keep danios, although i have never kept giant ones. let me know how you get on!

How big is the tank, and do you have a heater? I am sure they will be fine, as long as you don't overstock.

We keep giant danios with our cichlids. They're such quick lil buggers that it freaks out the JDs. lol.

You shouldn't have trouble keeping both types together. We've never seen them nipping at anyone, not even the catfish.

Update - I have 4 giant danios with 4 zebra long fined. they tend to keep to their groups but will for the most part kind of school together. :) thanks for the input!

As long as you have enough of each, they won't get nippy. One or two danios by themselves tend to not be happy and/or social.

I have both Giant and regular Danios. Since they are a schooling fish the key is to keep them in groups of six or more to reduce any agressive behavior.

Back
Top Bottom